Just in time to help meet new HSE enforcement expectations for welding fume, the world’s lightest welding/grinding respirator – the RPB® Z4® – is now available in the United Kingdom.
The Z4 is a powered air respirator that allows the operator to transition easily between welding and grinding. Weighing only 805 grams, the Z4 is up to 23% lighter than other brands yet is packed full of features to keep users safe and comfortable all day long.
The RPB Z4 has completely reimagined how a welding shield should fit and perform. Its ergonomic design evenly distributes weight to the sides of the head – eliminating top-heavy pressure points around the forehead and temples – and alleviates strains on the neck and upper back.
Light as a feather, tough as steel – say hello to the future of welding.
A CUSTOMISED FIT
The revolutionary design of the Z4 allows users to configure it to their individual preferences, ensuring each user has the most customised fit. Configurable features include:
Adjustable Padded Head Suspension
Six points of adjustment on the Z4 Head Suspension ensure it fits securely and moves with the user, no matter the angle. The optional side padding distributes weight evenly to further increase comfort, stability and improve weight distribution, while reducing background noise (noise attenuation).
The RPB Z4 features a patent-pending dual air distribution system that delivers 75% of the air through a swivel outlet, allowing users to direct the flow as they choose. The remaining 25% of the air is automatically directed to the lens to prevent and eliminate fogging.
A HELMET WITH A VIEW
Flip-up Weld Visor & Crystal-Clear Grinding Visor
The RPB Z4 includes a crystal-clear grinding visor beneath a flip-up welding visor, which can be quickly and easily lifted when needed. The grinding visor is EN166 approved, ensuring users’ eyesight is always protected.
Fitted with a large ADF lens, the Z4 boasts the highest possible optical quality rating of 22.214.171.124. The all-important fourth “1” represents advanced angular dependence control, guaranteeing uniform shading and distortion-free vision. This allows users to work comfortably across different angles as required.
Optional Side Windows
The Z4 is fitted with Shade 5 Peripheral Side Windows, providing advanced peripheral vision. Window Blockers are included, allowing users to utilize or block the side windows as desired.
The Z4 is the world’s first welding respirator with a lighting option. The RPB Vision-Link™ offers 650 lumens and can be added to the Z4 at any point, without modifications to the respirator.
HEAR WHAT’S IMPORTANT
The Comms-Link™ is an optional radio communication system that can be fitted to any RPB Z4, allowing users to easily communicate with their team, even in high-noise environments.
Learn more about the Z4 here: https://www.rpbsafety.com/product/z4/#z4