One of the first companies to offer prescription protective eyewear, Bollé Safety announced today the launch of its new prescription webshop for its network of partner opticians, distributors and companies of all sizes. An innovative digital service that allows companies to facilitate the correction of the vision of their employees, and to offer a level of quality, reactivity, choice, and service never reached before! With this new webshop, Bollé Safety continues its mission as the international leader in eye protection: to ensure clear vision and optimal protection for all workers worldwide.
A webshop with unique features for the market
Fast, intuitive, and reliable, this automated platform has unique features for a turnkey offer:
- More than 25 models available (among the SAFETY and OFFICE sub-ranges for industrial or office use),
- Email notifications at each step,
- Real-time traceability: step-by-step monitoring of the processing of the glasses by the optician, the distributor, and the company,
- Fast and smooth manufacturing and delivery time,
- After-sales service directly accessible on the platform,
- GDPR and MDR (Medical Device Regulation) compliance,
- Simple and affordable pricing – Daily cost from £0.15 (based on two years of use).
Damien Hars, Vice President Digital explains: “The manufacturing process of a pair of glasses adapted to an individual’s eyesight is complex and requires the intervention of several qualified actors, in an increasingly restricted time to satisfy the consumers’ requirements.”
“We offer our optician partners a turnkey tool that allows them to respond quickly to customer requests, via an intuitive data entry interface, and to follow all the stages of the product manufacturing process.”
“The web platform will be enriched in the coming months with new features to meet market trends.”
Making protective prescription eyewear accessible to all
Although companies are obliged to provide their employees with safety glasses for high-risk jobs, few of them offer prescription glasses adapted to their eyesight. Besides, 90% of eye accidents can be avoided by wearing protective eyewear1.
With 30% of users not wearing their protective eyewear because it is not adapted to their eyesight2 or is uncomfortable, this new online service aims to make it easier to provide prescription eye protection. In just a few clicks, the platform enables employers to offer protective eyewear to their employees for them to work safely. With more than 25 frames available in all lens categories (with base curves ranging from 4 to 8), Bollé Safety’s Excellence prescription programme offers a very wide range of prescriptions ranging from -10 to +10. Each user will be able to find the model that best suits his or her needs thanks to the most advanced lens technologies on the market, such as Platinum anti-fog and anti-scratch coating or the ProBlu embedded blue light filtration technology, which are available on selected lenses in the range.
From large groups to SMEs, this B2B service is available to all companies wishing to offer protective eyewear or office eyewear to their employees:
- through a framework agreement with Bollé Safety which allows you to personalise the webshop
- or directly at the optician’s who is a member of the network and who can consult the entire available catalogue.
Finally, Bollé Safety has a network of more than 1600[ACC1] opticians throughout the country. The platform is accessible for each of them.
The Excellence Programme: an easier customer experience
This new automated platform works in several steps simplifying the user experience from order taking to delivery:
- with the help of Bollé Safety experts or the distributor, the company selects the frames it wants to integrate in its webshop (this differs according to the conditions of use).
- the employee goes to an optician who is part of the network with their prescription form which has been generated by the webshop. They select a frame from the range which has been authorised by the employer.
- the optician, who is the only one authorized to process the employee’s medical data, enters the order on the webshop.
- the glasses are manufactured and sent to the optician who dispenses them to the employee.
“The collaboration with a limited number of partner laboratories allows us to rely heavily on the expertise of each of them and to deploy plans for continuous improvement of products, services and processes in order to better serve our customers.”
“We also work together to find optimal solutions for all market demands and collaborate on R&D,” says Pierre Burgelin, RX Business Director.
The webshop, which will also include all the Bollé Brands, is a significant new service for the group. Within Bollé Safety, it will represent 40% of its turnover. As a major international player in its market, the Bollé Safety brand is pleased to be a forerunner in this service for workers, companies, and opticians.
- Source : preventblindness.org
- Source : alabama.aoa.org