Every 7 seconds a worker is injured on the job, 510 per hour and 12,300 a day. That’s 4,500,000 a year.
The impact of workplace injuries does not stop only at the financial and legal implications that it brings but it has a considerable impact on the worker and the families of the injured worker.
Managing a contracted workforce in the workplace is imperative in the pharmaceutical industry. Implementing a contractor management solution enables better management of risk and the health and safety of contractors. Failure to manage risk leads to incidents such as on-site injuries, incompetent contractors carrying out work, increased costs and lengthy delays.
A contractor management software solution is built on information based around the contractor. A record of compliance requirements, qualifications and insurance are all used to ensure the correct worker is selected for a specific job or task.
From our knowledge of working with pharmaceuticals and with 10 years of expertise, we have come up with what we believe an electronic software solution should provide when it comes to managing contractors and preventing workplace accidents.
- Self-management by contractors of insurance and compliance documentation. Reduce administration.
- System configuration based on site/corporate needs.
- Accessible from any location and on any device.
- Real-time visibility of site-based contractor activity.
- Enforce the prequalification of contractors before arriving on site.
- Full reporting with historical record on workforce compliance and activity.
Implementing a contractor management solution enables better management of risk and meeting compliance. It aids with embedding a safety culture within pharmaceuticals from the outset.
"the impact of workplace injuries does not stop only at the financial and legal implications"