INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand has broadened its portfolio of protective performance fabric technologies suitable for today’s workwear environments. The latest innovations were on display at A+A Show, ranging from Flame Retardant solutions featuring CORDURA® fabric technology for enhanced durability to specialist stretch materials for garment reinforcement. These innovations support the brand’s commitment to developing durable fiber and fabric technologies designed to help people “Live Durable™”.
“In a work environment, fit for purpose requirements dictate the functionality of the garment, but worker comfort should not be ignored” said Cindy McNaull, global CORDURA® brand and marketing director. “Finding next generation solutions for today’s workers, we believe, means looking at how to increase the comfort quotient and functionality of textile technologies without compromising on the durability or protection required. In collaboration with our strong mill partners, we are dedicated to developing cutting edge solutions that power the work and protectivewear of the future.”
Combining science and technology to help provide technical performance solutions for worker’s gear and apparel, these exciting new additions to the CORDURA® protective fabric portfolio, along with the brand’s new 360-degree virtual reality based campaign – Live Durable™ made their debut at A+A Show 2017:
- Hi-Vis Laminates: New CORDURA® brand high visibility, lightweight, waterproof, durable 2- and 3-layer laminated fabrics for outerwear. 103 gsm – 220 gsm targeted for garments used in road/rail construction as well as security and emergency services.
- FR Solutions: A range of flame retardant coated fabrics engineered with CORDURA® fiber technology for enhanced abrasion resistance – featuring fabrics from Arvind, India and SR Webatex, Germany.
- Carrington FlameTougher 280AS made with CORDURA® NYCO fabric technology offering enhanced abrasion and tear resistance and designed to meet EN1162 for flame retardant clothing.
- Stretch Reinforcements: An enhanced range of high tenacity polyester and nylon 6,6 CORDURA® fabrics with LYCRA® T400® stretch technology for workwear garment reinforcement. These comfort-stretch fabrics include options tested to meet high temperature industrial wash requirements.
- CORDURA® Denim: The latest hardwearing, hard-working denims including cutting-edge fabrics with high tear strength and stretch recovery functionality for service trousers.
- CORDURA® 4Ever™ Knits: French terry and fleece constructions designed to be soft, strong and long-lasting from Ifateks, Turkey.
- CORDURA® fabrics with Susterra® bio based membranes and coatings for safety footwear (Tiong Liong, Taiwan) and outdoor apparel (Everest, Taiwan)
To learn more about the latest CORDURA® brand news, fabric technologies and innovations visit www.cordura.com.